I finally got back home on Monday and have been exhausted. Besides having to unpack and wash all of my thrift store goodies I have been pondering how to make my Halloween costume (I am keeping it a secret for now). Sewing is not a skill that I have practiced much except for small repairs and buttons. This costume is going to involve more than that so I need to get started early. I will take pictures as this undertaking progresses and will post pictures upon its completion.
Yesterday was a lazy day but this morning I feel energized and ready to get started. On my trip to Houston I did some thrift shopping and of course some regular shopping. Here are some of the things I found.
Starting at the top left:
- Some miscellaneous plates from Pier 1.
- Some super cute sandals from Kohls (on sale for $7.00
- A white serving dish (I’m thinking dipping sauces for sushi) $1.00
- A glass carafe with a lid that I plan on using to store dry beans ($1.00)
- A cookbook (of course) 50 cents
- An antique crock that I didn’t really need ($2.00)
- A pair of silver Skechers that are so comfortable ($8.00)
- A huge letter S representing our last name ($20.00)
- More cookbooks-very excited because the Alaska book has wonderful recipes ($1.00)
- Yet another cookbook-Asian Cooking (50 cents)
- Two very heavy baking pans-one is tiny hearts and the other ice cream cones (50 cents each)
- Finally, a tiny little serving bowl (just because it was too cute to pass up (29 cents)
Had a great time visiting with family and friends but was really happy to get back home and back into the kitchen.
Have a great day !!