Looks like it is going to be a gorgeous day. We have someone scheduled to start work on our patio but they have yet to show up. The dogs are stuck inside with me because they have terrible manners toward other people-it’s embarrassing. Since I will be stuck at home today I have already made a pea salad and have some salmon defrosting. I will never be able to duplicate my aunt Bonnies’ recipe but this is pretty close. I believe she may have used sweet pickles but I used dill because-well-I just don’t like sweet pickles. I ALWAYS use LeSueur peas because they are tender, delicate and have the best flavor.
- 1 can LeSueur Peas with Mushrooms and Pearl Onions
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon creamy Dijon mustard
- 1.4 cup cheese, cubed (I used pepper jack)
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper
In small bowl mix all ingredients except peas and cheese. Stir well and then add the peas and cheese. Refrigerate.
Have a great day!