Opened the freezer-a box of puff pastry fell on my foot-must have been a sign that I needed to bake somethin’. These tarts were experimental but I documented the ingredients and steps as I made them. I figured if they turned out less than perfect then the cream cheese topping would be there to save the day AND….if everything went smoothly the cream cheese would be a bonus. I did make extra cream cheese topping because I always eat a few spoons of it (testing many, many times is a must).
How I Did It:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Defrost 1 sheet of puff pastry, unfold onto floured board, roll to remove creases and cut into 9 squares.
- Spray muffin pan lightly with cooking spray and press the pastry into the cups.
- Fill each cup with apricot filling and press down slightly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops of tarts are browning.
- Remove from oven and transfer the tarts to a cookie sheet.
- Return the tarts to the oven and turn the oven off. Let stay in for an additional 5-10 minutes to make sure the sides and bottoms finish cooking.
- Cool and top with whipped cream cheese.
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup honey
Combine apricots, walnuts, coconut and honey. Set aside.
- 1 (8 0z.) package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all ingredients with electric mixer on high until smooth.
Have a great evening!!