Today was a better day-went for my morning walk which made me feel a lot better. The temperatures are cooler-hovering in the high eighties lately and lots of wind. I managed to prepare a warm shrimp pasta salad for dinner which turned out perfect.
Hopefully I will get back in the swing of things soon, this not feeling good is getting old-even if it has only been three days. I have narrowed it down to not enough water (I know better).
The Fresh Stuff:
- 1/4 cup radishes, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1/4 purple onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
Mix shrimp with spices and marinate for a 1-2 hours.
Add olive oil to large skillet and slightly saute onion, garlic, carrots and radishes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and no longer translucent. Add the roasted red peppers, olives and cucumber. Remove from heat.
Cook the pasta according to package directions (I cooked mine in chicken broth). Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon of butter and chopped basil. Spoon shrimp and vegetables over pasta. I added some avocado and feta cheese which made it even better. Drizzle with balsamic dressing.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon agave or honey
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon creamy Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper
Mix all ingredients in food processor until smooth. This recipe made more than enough so I will cut it in half next time.
Have an awesome evening!