Making something healthy from the zucchini-didn’t happen. Good thing I only made twelve crisps-there is still a lot more squash to tinker with. These were super easy but whenever I deal with dipping things in egg and flour I MAKE A MESS (could be just me). Countdown to zero…there are now only eleven crisps left 🙂 Personally, I am not really big on fried food but these are delicious and I didn’t even dip them in anything. If there are any left my husband will love them. 🙂
I found this recipe on Damn Delicious (Pinterest of course). Check out this site, there are a ton of other great recipes as well.
*I used seasoned Panko crumbs instead of plain and olive oil instead of vegetable oil. The original recipe can be found under the link above and I described below the way I prepared ours. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup garlic flavored Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan – set aside
- Coat zucchini slices in flour, dip in eggs, then dip in Panko, press to coat
- Place zucchini into skillet (just a few at a time) and cook until browned and crispy
- Remove from skillet and place on plate lined with a paper towel
That is all I had time to do so far today but sure hoping to make something else later.
Enjoy this bee-utiful day!