Before I get started looking through the rather large stack of magazines that I picked FREE at a yard sale I wanted to share our festive July 4th breakfast. Using a vintage cookie cutter that had belonged to my grandmother, I cut the stars from the flour tortillas. I easily could have made (and consumed) a whole lot more of these little chips.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup kidney beans
- 1/3 cup Colby jack cheese
- 1 Tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 2 slices salami, chopped (I cut shapes and chopped the rest)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, diced
- 2 Tablespoons half and half (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut tortillas into shapes. Brush with oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes.
Whisk the eggs, green onions, salami, jalapeno, half and half and spices. Spray small skillet with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into skillet and cook until fluffy. Stir in the kidney beans. Sprinkle with Colby jack cheese.
Have a wonderful day!