TGIF….Ready for the weekend. I picked up my laptop from GeekSquad yesterday-all fixed 🙂 and also managed to get a few errands done while in the big city of Abilene.
- It was a MUST that I go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and get a 12″ Gotham Steel Skillet. A few weeks ago I ordered the smaller 9″ pan from the annoying ad on TV. Over the years I have gone through quite a few and figured what the heck, might as well give it a try-totally impressed. It cooks great and cleaning is super easy.
- HEB-Aaaaaah!!! I’ve missed you oh store that has everything. Picked up a few specialty items that are not available in our town-ground buffalo, havarti dill cheese, Whataburger ketchup (yum), a corned beef roast (also yum) and some various spices.
- TJ MAXX- new “white” bed cover, a cast iron stove grill, mini pie pans and a 8″ round spring pan. You know, all the stuff that makes a cook happy.
- Impulse-stopped at a garage sale and bought a 9×11 metal baking pan for $1 (the blue speckled kind). Now I can finally donate my old glass pan-I like metal so much better.
Even though I was only gone half a day it was exhausting so we had pizza for dinner. I did take the time to make a sweet chili sauce as a base instead of marinara and chopped some mushrooms and sweet cherry peppers for toppings. Instead of Canadian bacon I used hard salami which gave it a unique flavor when combined with the sweet sauce and peppers.
- 2 pieces Naan bread
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
Saute all ingredients in small skillet until tender.
- Hard salami, sliced
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 small tomato, sliced into strips
- 2 baby bella mushrooms, sliced thin
- 4 sweet cherry peppers, diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Sour cream
Place directly on oven rack (or cookie sheet) and bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes. I like to bake directly on the rack because it give the Naan bread a crunchy edge. Serve with sliced avocado and a scoop (a dollop is just a tease) of sour cream.
Today I have a few local errands to run and hopefully there are some more yard sales.
Have a wonderful day.