‘No Expectations. No Disappointments’
Cream cheese (not the low-fat kind-yuck) absolutely goes with everything. I have never tried it with apple before but I took a tiny bite before I baked it and truthfully I could have eaten it just like that. Over the years I have really grown to like apples, never did as a kid though. Maybe I was eating the wrong variety. As far as I remember there were red apples and there were green apples. Now we have so many different varieties to choose from. So far Honeycrisp is my favorite. 🙂
These little crisps are so easy to make. Will for sure have them again.
What You Need:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup Nilla wafers, crushed
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- cooking spray
- whipped topping
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 2 – 1 cup ramekins with cooking spray
- In small bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon
- Add the apples and blend well
- Spoon unto ramekins
- Mix Nilla wafers, pecans and melted butter and sprinkle over apples
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly
- Serve with LOTS of whipped topping
Have a wonderful day!