‘Focus on the experience – not the outcome’
Everything looks so green and pretty this time of year. Last nights rain will be great for my little garden. I was a little worried about wind being that it was gusting at around 30 mph or more at times. I love the wind but when it’s the middle of the night, and it’s dark, and I can’t see what’s happening…..I get a little rattled. The weather app on my phone kept saying that there were mesocyclones. What? Just layed there with the covers over my head (one eye exposed to watch the window) thinking about food. This morning is turning out to be beautiful, the sun is out and the day is off to a great start.
I made this dinner a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. Spicy and sweet mesh so well together. It’s a match made in heaven. Here is how to do it:
You Will Need:
- 1 pound shrimp (35-45 count)
- 1 – 16 oz. package pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel shrimp and rinse
- Cover frozen peas with water and microwave for 2 minutes. Let sit in microwave until ready to use.
- In large skillet melt butter with garlic and crushed red pepper
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp is no longer translucent
- Add honey and chili paste. Stir.
- Add peas
- Boil pasta in salted water with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder. Drain.
- Toss gently with olive oil or butter
Have a wonderful day!