‘Take the time to do what makes your soul happy’
It’s Cinco de Mayo. Time for some sort of Mexican food. Sure wish the city was closer because there is a fantastic restaurant that has awesome food and jammin’ margaritas, something that our town does not have. No margaritas or margarita fixins’ for 40 miles. 😦 I did the best I can so we are having a pork and pepper stir fry. I am betting that my husband will be looking for flour tortillas and his wife (me) did not go to the store. Looks like corn tortillas or tortilla chips will have to suffice. I also made some guacamole and jalapeno refried beans to accompany the pork. And of course SOUR CREAM.
What you need:
- 2 butterfly pork chops
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons roasted red peppers (I used the ones in oil)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon cumin (we like ALOT)
- Salt and Pepper
- Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil to large skillet
- Saute the onions and jalapenos until tender
- Add the garlic, tomato and red pepper. Toss.
- Transfer the onion, jalapeno and garlic to separate dish
- In the same skillet add the pork and saute until cooked through
- Add the chili paste, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper
- Transfer the onion mixture back to the skillet with the pork. Stir.
Have a great day!