‘Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same’
Being a huge mushroom fan it’s hard to understand why there are so many ‘mushroom haters’. My sister is one of them, says they taste like eyeballs. Seriously? Has she eaten an eyeball, and do they actually taste better than a mushroom. Sent her a pic of them just because. She said it looked like a bowl full of eyeballs and she would most certainly starve. I just don’t get it.
I am serving our mushrooms with flounder (not sure how I’m preparing it yet), wild rice and cucumber tomato salad. 🙂
These are very easy. Took about 20 minutes.
- 1 small package bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup purple onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 Tablespoon Marsala wine
- Kosher salt and course ground black pepper
- In large skillet heat oil and saute onion and garlic on Medium for 3 minutes
- Add mushrooms, chili paste, ancho chili powder, salt, pepper and Marsala wine
- Continue the saute until mushrooms are tender.
- Serve in pretty dish 🙂
Enjoy the Day!