‘Greatness is rarely achieved on the first try’
We love spicy food….period! Mexican food is the top favorite, Cajun and Italian are in close running for second. Since we moved to North Central Texas we don’t eat out much (since there aren’t many restaurants unless we want to drive 60+ miles) so I am able to experiment more in the kitchen. This is a recipe I have been making for a long time and LOVE IT. Basically it is the only way I like green beans except for how my Nanny used to make them and that is with a lot of bacon. I re-created this recipe from a dish I had a restaurant. Hope you like it! 🙂
You will need
- 1 – 12 oz. package frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced purple onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook green beans according to package directions
- Heat olive oil in large skillet
- On medium heat saute onion, jalapeno and garlic until tender
- Add the diced tomato and spices. Stir.
- Add the green beans and toss well.