‘Difficulty is what wakes up the genius’
Looks like its going to rain so I am preparing some food for the weekend. I started with these cute little hashbrowns that I made in a muffin pan. My pan is for large-sized muffins and I cut the original recipe in half so it only made three muffins. The process was very simple and the love the result. The mandolin made it so easy. Sure beats the knuckle-buster hand grater. I think next time I will try adding an egg and pepper jack cheese. So glad I have time to spend in the kitchen today because we are going fishing tomorrow. All the recent rain has made the lake come up and I got a new fishin’ pole. 🙂 Going to be fun in the sun.
You will need:
- 1 large russet potato
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- cooking spray
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F
- Coat muffin pan generously with cooking spray
- Peel and coarsely shred potato (I used a mandolin to shred)
- Using a paper towel, squeeze as much water from potatoes as you can. Believe it or not there is a lot of water in those suckers.
- Add all ingredients and toss
- Press potatoes into pan
- Bake for 40 minutes. Will be golden brown.
Have a Happy Day!