“What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail”
It is going to be a gorgeous afternoon. Feeling a tad ambitious I decided to make dinner early so I could spend time outside today. We are still in the process of using up what is in our freezer so this evening we will be having flounder with a sun-dried tomato parmesan cream sauce. One of my favorite kitchen tools, the mandolin, got to come out today to make spiral some zucchini noodles as a bed for the fish. Well, zucchini for my fish that is, I will make some pasta for my husband. This mandolin was purchased from Amazon for around $30 and it works great. It comes with three different cutting blades as you can see from the zucchini. (And it’s fun…very, very sharp though)
Ingredients For The Fish
- 4 – Flounder Filets (I cut them in half)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Make sure all bones are removed from fish
- Add olive oil to large skillet
- Whip egg in small oval dish
- On a plate mix together bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- Lay fish out flat on a separate plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Dip in egg mixture and then in bread crumbs to coat
- Fry in hot oil until browned
Ingredients For The Sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 dried red chili peppers
- 1/2 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups milk (I used half & half)
- 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Combine the parmesan cheese and flour. Stir. Add milk and heat until cheese is melted.
- In large skillet add olive oil, garlic and bell pepper and saute over medium heat until tender.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, green onions and hot sauce. Stir.
- While simmering add milk/cheese mixture, salt and pepper. Stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and put in a pretty bowl. 🙂
Have a Blessed day!