“If it doesn’t make you feel fabulous – don’t do it, don’t buy it, don’t keep it“
Freeze Dried Peaches? I knew they existed but had never entertained the idea of cooking with them. I have found that they are surprisingly easy to work with and the taste and texture is overall consistent with canned or frozen once they are cooked. Today I thought I would experiment by preparing a peach puff pastry dessert. It was super easy and very tasty. I am really excited about trying some of the other fruits and vegetables. I had an afterthought of adding cream cheese so I might do that next time.
- 2 cups freeze dried peaches
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup finely shopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg white
- cooking spray/flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the peaches in warm water and let stand for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, coconut and finely shopped walnuts. Mix well.
- Lightly sift flour onto wax paper and roll puff pastry dough until all creases are out.
- Scoop peach filling onto center of dough lengthwise.
- Fold over filling and seal the ends.
- Cut a few slits in the top. I attempted to braid the top which was unsuccessful due to the fact that I had let the dough sit out too long before getting around to that.
- Brush the top of the roll with egg white.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until brown.
Have a wonderful day!